Prep time: 15 minutes | Cooking time: 45-60 minutes
Equipment needed: 8” x 10” baking dish (or of similar dimensions) with minimum depth/height of 2”.
- 5 medium apples (we used Royal gala)
- 1 tbs lemon juice
- 3 tbs + 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- ½ cup oats
- ½ heaped cup quinoa flakes
- Pinch cinnamon
- Pinch salt
- 1/3 cup butter, softened (2-3 tbsp more if needed)
- Preheat oven to 350oF.
- Peel, core and cut apples into bite-size pieces. Transfer apples to a large bowl. Add lemon juice and 2 tbsp of sugar. Toss the apples allowing all ingredients to mix well. Transfer prepared apples to a baking dish and cover while preparing the crumble.
- Combine oats, quinoa flakes, cinnamon and salt in a large bowl. Mix in ½ cup + 1 tbsp sugar and the melted butter. Using a fork or spatula combine the ingredients until lightly crumbled.
- Using your clean hands, form crumble clusters until the ingredients are very well combined and no dry flakes or oats are left. Add more butter if needed.
- Place the crumble mixture on the prepared apples, making sure the sides are well covered.
- Bake for 45-60 minutes, or until the crumble crust is golden brown and the sides are bubbling. Allow crumble to cool down for a few minutes before serving.
Do you know a good recipe?
We’d love to hear about your favorite dishes, and how you prepare them. E-mail us with your recipes for a chance to be featured!