Creamy Sweet Potato Pasta with Butter Garlic Bok Choy
SWEET POTATO PASTA INGREDIENTS
- 750 grams sweet potatoes (~2 large sweet potatoes)
- 1 tbs olive oil (or to taste)
- 1 onion, chopped
- 6 garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 cups coconut milk
- 1 low sodium vegetable cube in ¼ cup water
- 1 tsp GoGo Quinoa Andean pink salt (or to taste)
- Pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast
- 3 – 4 cups uncooked GoGo Quinoa Cauliflower Pasta
- Optional topping: chili flakes
- Peel sweet potatoes and cut into smaller chunks. Add sweet potatoes to a pot of water and bring to boil. Continue to cook for approximately 20 minutes or until soft and cooked through. Once ready, drain the water and set aside.
- Place a large pot on medium heat, once hot drizzle olive oil and spread it around evenly. Add onions and garlic and sauté until onions are golden/brown. Remove the pot from heat and transfer onions and garlic along with sweet potatoes to a blender. Add coconut milk and blend for 20 seconds. Don’t over blend.
- Place the same pot back on medium heat and add the blended mixture along with vegetable cube + water, salt and pepper. Cook for 5 minutes while stirring regularly. Add nutritional yeast and continue to cook for 5-10 minutes, while stirring regularly, until the texture is smooth and creamy.
- Follow package instructions and cook the cauliflower pasta. Once ready, combine with sweet potato sauce and sprinkle some chili flakes before serving.
BUTTER GARLIC BOK CHOY INGREDIENTS
- Wash and clean Bok Choy and use whole or chop as per preference.
- Place a pan on medium heat. Once hot, add butter and spread it around evenly. Add garlic and sauté until the raw garlic smell goes away (approx. 2 minutes).
- Add Bok Choy. If using whole Bok Choy, cook for 25-30 minutes or until cooked through, rotating every 10 minutes. Pour a spoonful of butter and garlic back onto the Bok Choy every 5 minutes. If using chopped Bok Choy, sauté like a stir fry until cooked through. Serve hot with Sweet Potato Pasta.
Do you know a good recipe?
We’d love to hear about your favorite dishes, and how you prepare them. E-mail us with your recipes for a chance to be featured!