Gluten-Free Vegan Banana Bread
I am SO excited to finally share my recipe for the best & easiest vegan gluten free banana bread. If you’ve experimented with gluten free baking before, you know it’s not the most easiest thing in the world. You really need to have an understanding of how each gluten free flour works, how they work together and how they work with the rest of the wet ingredients. After months and months of experimenting (almost 5 months to be exact), I’ve finally produced a vegan banana bread that is gluten free, dairy free, egg free, oil free AND refined sugar free! Basically a super healthy banana bread recipe that you can enjoy at any time of the day!
- 3 bananas (350 grams)
- 1/3 cup coconut sugar (66 grams)
- ¼ cup full fat coconut milk (62 grams)
- ¼ cup peanut butter (64 grams)
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar (OR lemon juice)
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 flax egg
- 1 ½ cup GoGo Quinoa’s Gluten-Free All Purpose Flour (180 grams)
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 2 tsp baking powder
- Mix 1 tbsp of ground flax seeds with 3 tbsp of water and allow it to sit for 10 minutes. Pre-heat oven to 350F.
- Measure 350 g of bananas into a large mixing bowl and then mash well. Add in the canned coconut milk, peanut butter, coconut sugar, flax egg, vanilla and apple cider vinegar. Stir until everything is well combined. Sift in the gluten free flour, baking soda, baking powder and cinnamon. Using a spatula, fold until everything is well combined. Transfer mix into a lined 8×4 inch loaf pan.
- Place into the oven for 30 minutes. Take it out of the oven and then cover with aluminum foil and place back into the oven for another 20-25 minutes, or until the top if golden brown or a toothpick comes out clean.
- Optionally brush with some maple syrup. Allow it to cool for 15 minutes in the pan and then carefully take it out of the pan into a wire rack to cool fully.