Smart plant-based lunch box
In collaboration with LeGrand and ÉquipeNutrition
OVERNIGHT QUINOA (1 portion)
- 1/4 cup of quinoa flakes
- 1/4 to 1/3 cup of plant-based milk (ideally soy or pea for added protein)
- 1/3 to 1/2 cup of LeGrand yogourt
- 2 tbsp of your choice of nuts and seeds (e.g. chia seeds, ground flax, hemp, pumpkin)
- Additional garnish of your choice (e.g. fresh or dried fruit, chocolate chips, maple sugar)
- In an airtight container (ex: Mason jar), place the ingredients in the order they appear in the recipe.
- Refrigerate for at least 8 hours or overnight.
LENTILS AND PESTO PASTA SALAD (3 servings)
- 1 box (227g) of lentil and quinoa fusilli
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 can (540ml) of legumes of your choice (e.g. edamame, beans, lupini beans), rinsed and drained
- 2 cups (or more) of your choice of vegetables (e.g. cherry tomatoes, cucumber, peppers, spinach), sliced
- 3 tbsp of LeGrand pesto
- Pepper and salt to taste
- Optional: 3 tbsp of pumpkin seeds for some B12
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- Drain, sprinkle with olive oil and let cool.
- Divide the pasta, legumes, vegetables and pesto among 3 containers, without mixing.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste, close containers and refrigerate.
- Mix when ready to eat.
In a mason jar, place a layer of LeGrand plant-based yogurt, a layer of quinoa cookies and repeat until the jar is full. Garnish with fruit.
Find out how this smart lunch box compares to a traditional lunch!
Do you know a good recipe?
We’d love to hear about your favorite dishes, and how you prepare them. E-mail us with your recipes for a chance to be featured!