Prep time: 10 minutes | Cooking time: 15 minutes | Total time: 25 minutes
- 1 cup uncooked Royal tri-color quinoa
- 1-2 handfuls of salad greens
- 1 avocado, sliced
- 1/3 cup cucumber, chopped
- ¼ cup radish, chopped
- 1/3 cup red or yellow peppers
- 1 cup cooked chickpeas (or protein of choice)
- 2 tbsp flaked almonds
- 2-4 fresh strawberries, halved
- ½ cup fresh strawberries
- ¼ cup olive oil
- ¼ cup apple cider vinegar
- ¼ tsp pink Andean salt
- 8-10 twists of freshly ground pepper
- ¼ tsp cayenne powder
- Optional: Maple syrup to taste, for a sweeter dressing
- Follow package instructions and cook quinoa. Set aside and allow to cool.
- Wash, chop and prep all other ingredients while the quinoa is cooking. Set aside.
- Place all dressing ingredients in a blender and blend until well combined.
- In a large bowl, combine quinoa, vegetables and protein. Mix in the dressing or transfer the salad to two bowls and serve with dressing on the side. Garnish salads with flaked almonds and fresh strawberries.
Do you know a good recipe?
We’d love to hear about your favorite dishes, and how you prepare them. E-mail us with your recipes for a chance to be featured!