Broccoli Parmesan Quinoa Bites
RECIPE BY: healthyetgourmande
These bites are the perfect finger food for any party. Filled with vegetables, a bit of vegan parmesan and a crunchy coating – your guests will ask for more!
For 16 to 20 bites
- 1/2 cup Organic Red and White Quinoa Royal
- 2 chia eggs (2 tbsp chia seeds + 6 tbsp water)
- ¼ cup diced red shallots (or red onion)
- 2 cups broccoli
- ¼ bunch fresh parsley
- ¼ bunch fresh cilantro
- ¼ cup grated vegan Parmesan
- ¼ cup bread crumbs or panko (gluten-free, vegan options available)
- pinch salt
- pinch pepper
- olive oil for brushing
- Cook the quinoa following instructions on the package.
- Mix chia seeds and water in a small bowl, set aside for 20 minutes.
- Sauté diced red shallots in a frying pan over medium heat with your choice of oil until softened and lightly brown, set aside to cool.
- Fill a medium saucepan with water, bring to a boil over high heat.
- Cut broccoli in half or quarters and immerse in boiling water for 1 minute, remove using tongs, then rinse in cold water to stop the cooking process, set aside to drip dry, repeat with all the broccoli.
- Cut off the broccoli stems and place in a food processor, pulse a few times to get a grainy texture (do not over process), place in a large bowl.
- Repeat with broccoli florets, add to the large bowl.
- Place fresh parsley and fresh cilantro in a food processor, blend until stems are fully broken down, add to the large bowl.
- Add panko crumbs, grated Parmesan and sautéed red shallots to the large bowl.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Add in chia eggs and mix gently. Set aside for 15 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 400 F.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Brush the sheet with olive oil.
- Take 2 tbsp of the mixture using a spoon, place in your hand and curl your fingers around the mixture, compressing into a cylindrical shape. Move the mixture around and keep squeezing until you have a bite that won’t fall apart. Place on baking sheet. Repeat the process until no mixture is left.
- Bake for 15 minutes, take out of the oven, gently brush with olive oil and flip bites over. Bake for another 10 minutes until lightly golden brown.
- Serve with marinara sauce, ketchup, or any other dipping sauce you love.
Do you know a good recipe?
We’d love to hear about your favorite dishes, and how you prepare them. E-mail us with your recipes and let us know your secrets!