RECIPE BY: The Vegan Bee
When summer comes, we all want to feed ourselves whole and healthy foods . What better than a Energy bowl? A complete, balanced and healthy meal!
For 3 portions
For the Bowl:
- 2 carrots
- 2 zucchini
- 1 spaghetti squash
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 cup of raw quinoa cooked in 1 ½ cup water
- 2 cups of raw beets
- 2 handfuls of lamb’s salad or arugula
- 1 can of black beans
For the toppings:
For the sauce:
- 3 cooked beets
- 3 tbls Olive oil
- ½ tbls of pink mountain salt
- 2 tbls rice vinegar
- 2 tbls of Gluten-free tamari sauce
- 3 tbls of water (more if the sauce is not liquid enough)
- Preheat your oven to 375F and then cut the squash into large slices. Take the seeds out and bake for 30 minutes.
- Cook the quinoa and let it cool.
- In a blender, mix all sauce ingredients.
- Using a spiral cutter or a julienne peeler, grate the carrots and zucchini.
- Finely cut the bell pepper.
- Remove the squash from the oven, using a fork shred the squash.
- In a large bowl, arrange all the ingredients, then add the toppings and then the sauce.
Do you know a good recipe?
We’d love to hear about your favorite dishes, and how you prepare them. E-mail us with your recipes and let us know your secrets!