Do you know a good recipe?
We’d love to hear about your favorite dishes, and how you prepare them. E-mail us with your recipes and let us know your secrets!
Recipe by healthyetgourmande
Ever feel like eating healthy isn’t fun? Well here is a way to feel like you’re eating dessert first thing in the morning – breakfast pops! These can also be a fun nutritious snack 😊
For 8 popsicles
- 1 cup fresh strawberries, quartered
- 1 cup fresh blueberries, whole
- 4 tbsp water
- 1 cup plant-based yogourt
- 3/4 cup vanilla plant-based beverage
- 1/2 cup muesli with super grains & fruits
- agave syrup (optional)
- In either two separate saucepans or 1 saucepan (for a more field-berry flavour) heat the berries with 2 tbsp of water over low-medium heat until the mixture becomes syrupy. Stir occasionally to avoid burning! Remove from heat and set aside to cool.
- TIP: for faster cooling place in freezer
- Combine the plant-based yogourt, vanilla plant-based beverage and muesli in a bowl.
- Fill the first 1/4 of each popsicle mold with the muesli mixture, tap to release any air bubbles.
- Fill the next 1/4 with fruit mixture, tap to release any air bubbles.
- Repeat steps 3 and 4 again.
- Optional step: to make a decorative base of muesli, mix agave syrup and muesli together and add this as your final popsicle layer.
- Insert popsicle sticks, place in freezer for 6 to 8 hours (or overnight).
- Run hot water over the outside of the popsicle molds to allow the popsicles to slide with ease out of the molds. ENJOY!