Do you know a good recipe?
We’d love to hear about your favorite dishes, and how you prepare them. E-mail us with your recipes and let us know your secrets!
Protein-packed plant based pasta sauce
Recipe by Eh Vegan
For 2 people
3 cloves garlic, minced
1 tsp olive oil
1/2 tsp white pepper
1/2 tsp oregano
1.5 cups water
1 cups canned white beans
1/2 cup raw cashews, soaked
1/4 tsp salt
1 tbsp lemon juice
2 cups GoGo Quinoa Fusilli pasta
1. In a pot on medium heat, cook the minced garlic with the oil for a few minutes until just golden.
2. Add the pepper and oregano for about a minute, mixing the entire time.
3. Add the water and beans. Bring to a boil, then simmer 10 minutes.
4. In a separate pot, boil 4 liters of water. Add the pasta and cook for 2 minutes, stirring frequently. Cook an additional 7 minutes for al dente noodles. Remove from heat, drain immediately, and set aside.
5. When the bean mixture is cooked, add the contents of the pot to a blender with the cashews and salt. Blend until smooth.
6. Pour the blended sauce back into the pan and simmer for 5 minutes, whisking constantly, then remove from heat and whisk in the lemon.
7. Pour over hot pasta or mix directly into the noodles. Serve with your favorite veggies like spinach, green peas, and avocado.
8. Serve hot!