Do you know a good recipe?
We’d love to hear about your favorite dishes, and how you prepare them. E-mail us with your recipes and let us know your secrets!
Three color Quinoa pilaf
Gluten Free & Vegan
1 cup of red & white quinoa
1/2 cup of black quinoa
3 cups of water or broth
1 onion chopped
2 celery stalks chopped
1 carrot diced
2 garlic cloves crushed
1/2 cup crushed tomatoes or tomato juice
1 cup chopped cilantro and parsley
Any leftover of cooked chicken, meat or tofu, optional.
1 teaspoon of turmeric, 1 teaspoon of grounded cumin and a pinch of cinnamon
- In a medium pot, sauté the onion, celery, carrot in a bit of olive oil.
- Add the turmeric, cumin, cinnamon, chopped cilantro and parsley, crushed garlic and stir.
- Add crushed tomatoes and tofu or meat/chicken. Stir.
- Add the water or broth, bring to a boil, stirring often so that it doesn’t stick to the bottom of the pot, then reduce heat to medium and cook until all liquid is absorbed, about 15 to 18 minutes.
- Set aside and cover 2 to 3 minutes. Salt to taste and serve with a green salad on the side. Enjoy!